It was FANGtastic
It was a FANGtastic weekend…
We first want to congratulate all our athletes that competed at the Bloody Halloween event over at CrossFit Mozomo this past Saturday. During competitions we as coaches and owners of CFI are always proud of the way our athletes move! Podium placing is fantastic and well deserved, don’t get us wrong, very proud when you podium! And congratulations to the 3 teams that placed 2nd on Saturday, Coach Terrence + Brent, Coach Brit + Caroline and Katy + Steph. Well done crew! And well done to Shayne + Roman, Erin + Michaela, Beth Marie + Vikki as well!
Stouty Note – I was excited and really proud to point out who was a part of our community this past Saturday at the competition. Wether you won the WOD or came last I couldn’t be more impressed with the technique, the attitude and the respect you gave your competitors and judges. Thanks to coaches Terence and Brit for taking the time to lead by example and help our athletes perform at their best but also push the intensity while moving safe. So happy I was able to witness it! Thanks to Jen and Steph for making sure everything in the afternoon went flawless and fun to make sure we could be a part of everything going on.
We’re proud of all of our athletes! Some stepping outside of comfort zones, some competing RX for the first time, but all moving well, safely and with integrity! Thank you for repping CrossFit Indestri so well! Be proud, we certainly are!!
Thanks to all the CFI crew that stopped over or stayed all day to cheer on, encourage and support the crew competing!
A couple CFI crew missing from the photo.
And on Saturday afternoon over at CFI, we hosted our first ever SPOOKtacular Hunt… Athletes gathered at CF Indestri, walking into the unknown. Upon arrival they created teams, + hit multiple workouts before being given their first clue and set loose on the Town of Collingwood.
Team had to solve riddles + complete tasks in order to be given their next clue. From CrossFit Indestri, they were lead to Curries Farm Market, for some pumpkin picking, solving a riddle they were sent to Press Juice Co downtown where one team member had to drink a ginger shot in order for the next clue, to which they found out, that they were “Stopped” in the spirit of Halloween that team member drank poison (not really) and had to be carried to the next location. Bent Taco, which was home to a food challenge of course! Upon arrival at Bent, teams were lead to a bowl of Jalapeño peppers, where one team member had to eat the pepper before being given the next clue.
Teams then had to run to find Steph + Jen, who were waiting at Town Hall ready with Sandbags and a WOD. Teams showed the Town of Collingwood what we do, Sandbag DL, running, Sandbag Cleans, Running, Sandbag Squats, lunges, and burpees of course…..
In the final leg, before heading to Side Launch Brewery for a pint, teams were given $10. each and the task of heading to a grocery store to purchase $10. worth of non perishable food items for us to donate to the Collingwood Food Bank.
It was truly a SPOOKtacular time…. We very thankful to all the local businesses that got on board with our idea.
– Curries Farm Market, if you have never been, they’re on 6th and the 10th line and open until Christmas. Chris + Candice Currie are a lovely local family and have a wonderful Market. Go see them!
– Press Juice Co, downtown Collingwood is an amazing local fresh press juice shop offering organic juices, smoothies, a salad bar and more. Under new ownership with Charlene, who has been a longtime employee. Go visit.
– Bent Taco is a phenomenal restaurant which is owned in part by our member Nick McGreggor who is also the head chef! If you have never been, you are missing out big time! Huge thanks to Nick who also supplied us with their amazing Guacamole, Salsa + Chips to enjoy post hunt.
– Downtown Collingwood BIA for allowing us to take up the space beside the town hall to hit a WOD. We have a beautiful downtown core with some amazing shop. Christmas is coming, forget online shopping or driving out of town, head downtown and check out all the shops we have! Support local businesses.
– And the end of the night brought us back to Side Launch Brewery for a pint. Side Launch has a great line up of brews, if you have never been, do check them out.
It’s always fun to team up with other local businesses! We live in an amazing community.
A SPOOKTACULAR weekend indeed……
Monday, October 29th, 2018
Focus: Squats Up?
2 sec Pause Squats
15 unbroken wallballs
Front Squats @ 70% of 1RM
Front Squats @ 60% of 1RM
Strict Knee Raises
Front Squats @ 60% of 1RM
Banded Hip Extensions
Check back each night at 8pm for the next days WOD
Address: 200 Mountain Rd #3, Collingwood, ON L9Y 4V5
Phone: (705) 444-0006